Frequently Asked Questions
How do you qualify tenants?
• Qualifying is done with a credit check to verify how you meet other financial obligations. We check to see if there are any collections outstanding from previous landlords or utility companies.
• Previous rental history is checked to determine if payment was made as agreed and property was properly maintained.
• Gross monthly income is verified and must equal at least three times the monthly rent.
How much is the security deposit?
• The security deposit varies property to property depending on the owners requirements. Generally, rent plus $200.00.
• Security deposit can NOT be used for the last months rent.
How can I be sure I will get my security deposit back?
• The original lease term must be fulfilled.
• The property is to be returned to the owner in the same condition as when you rented, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Holes in the walls and carpet are NOT considered ordinary wear and tear.
• At the time of move in, an inspection form is given to each tenant to complete. This is your means of detailing any defects and will be used as a reference document determining the condition of the property upon your exit.
Do you allow pets on your properties?
• The pet restrictions vary property to property. Some that allow pets have size specifications.
• An additional security deposit is required on those properties accepting pets and is refundable if there is no damage. All damage exceeding pet deposit is the responsibility of the tenant and due in full at time of exit.
• Some properties charge an additional pet rental fee.
• Upon your exit, all carpets are required to be professionally cleaned and sprayed for fleas at your expense. Proof of this performed service is required.
When can I see the properties?
• Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8am -5pm, but we are available off-hours by appointment. We will be happy to give you directions to the property for you to view the area. Upon your approval, we would arrange to meet you and show you the property. We always respect the current tenants privacy.
What about weekend showings?
• Or office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with after hour showings by appointment only. We will be happy to give you directions to the property for you to view the area. Upon your approval, we would arrange to meet you and show you the property. We always respect the current tenants privacy.
When is the rent usually due?
• Rent is due on the 1st of each month with a 5-day grace period given. A late fee of $25 accompanies payment after the grace period.
What abotu weekend showings
• Weekend showings may be possible if an agent is available, by appointment only.
How do I pay?
• Payment may be made by personal check drawn on a local bank, or certified funds.
Payment may be mailed to our office address or may be brought to the office. Our address is 5800 Clark Road, Suite 11, Paradise, CA 95969.
What if I decide to move before my lease is up?
• You are still responsible for the rent until the end of the lease term or until it is re-rented. We will work with you to assist in getting the unit re-rented as soon as possible.
When should I contact your company if I know I will be needing a rental unit in a few months?
• Tenants who are moving out are required to give 30-60 days notice, depending upon the property.
When do I have to let you know if I want to renew?
• 30 days prior to the expiration of the lease unless otherwise stated in the lease. If the property owner is not contacted, the lease is month to month.